Refund of Franking Credits

Refund of Franking Credits

If your income is too low to pay tax and you receive franked dividends on your shares then you are entitled to a refund of those franking credits. Generally this is about 43% of the amount of cash dividend you have received. Nothing to be sneezed at!

The ATO provide a form where you can claim the franking credits back, yourself for free. You can also go to your Mygov account and find out what franking credits have been reported to the ATO by the companies you hold shares in.

Want Help?

If this all seems too difficult we don’t want you to miss out on your franking credits so we have streamed lined a service to at least claim your franking credits back for the companies that have reported to the ATO. All you have to do is give us some basic personal details and we will send you a list of the franking credits you are entitled to. If you are happy that it covers all your shareholdings we will lodge an application and you should have your money within 14 days.

If you would like a BAN TACS Accountant to organise the refund of your franking credits, simply fill in your personal details on the form below and the financial years for which you would like to make a claim. This service costs $80 per financial year.

Don’t Want To Do It Over The Internet?

If you would rather deal with us through the post, you can download an application form (by clicking the button below). When you have completed it, please post it with a cheque ($80 per year selected) to BAN TACS Accountants PO Box 82, Mackay , QLD 4740

If you have any questions regarding this process please ring 0428381864


Refund of Franking Credits